Thursday, August 18, 2011

Johnny's Fillin' Station, Orlando

I had lunch at this cafe on Michigan (half way between 436 and I-4) last Friday. I had a Bacon Cheeseburger for $8. They and others tout it as the best burger in town. It isn't. The burger was pale. It had little flavor. It was small. The best part of it was the bun (a kind of sweet roll) and the bacon. It came medium well though I asked for medium rare. They didn't even melt the cheese on the patty. The greens were ok. Fries are extra. The place seats about 50 in the back of a bar. It was mostly full. I think they do business with the city workers down the street and yokels. It was mostly a male crowd. They were probably there to try their stale lines on the four moderately attractive young waitresses. The place looks like a bar. It had Gaytor and Steeler memorabilia and alot of tchotckes. They have another (newer) location next door. It's kind of out of the way for the quality. I'm sure you have some biker bar near you where you can try and court comparable red neck lasses. No need to make this journey.

No comments: