Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Italian House, Curry Ford Rd Area

I stopped here on my way from the airport on Monday night. It's on South Crystal Lake Dr in between 50 and Curry Ford. The menu says they have been there since 1989. The waitress said that the current owners have been there for the last eight. I had a slice for $2.25 and a chicken parm sandwich with fries for $7.25. I was going to try a platter (soup and pasta) for you, but, I just sensed they would be over cooked. The slice was better than I expected, but, that made me wish the cheese blend was a little less heavy on the Parmesan. It made it "saw dusty". Plus they use too much. It over weights the slice. I know that is a bonus for most people. The crust was dry. The sauce was just tomato paste (not much). The chicken in the parm was way too thin. Dry.  It also tasted like sausage. I'd bet they fry everything in the same oil. Not much sauce or cheese. The fries were perfect. Very crisp. They have the usual assortment of items you find in a "hick" Italian restaurant. It will seem very familiar to most people. Pricing was fair. The service was friendly and attentive. They offered a to go soda. Parking is a little scarce. The place looks like an old Pizza Hut. It seats about sixty. It actually got more busy AFTER eight pm. It's the type of place that has a map of Italy place mat and plastic menus. We all probably grew up thinking this was what Italian was. It plays its role in the Universe.

No comments: