Saturday, October 20, 2018

Dajen Eats, Eatonville

I had lunch at this vegan spot on East Kennedy Ave on Thursday. I had a one meat (chicken) entree with beans and rice (can have salad) for $9. It was good. The rice was over fluffed and overcooked. That seems to be par for the course at Jamaican places. It had a fruity sauce mixed in. That added to the mushiness. The beans were done properly/ The chicken was good. Too good. It was air fried. I swear it wasn't tempah or whatever they use. It had "strings" when you cut it up. I think it could have been real chicken. But, this is a vegan place. Maybe they accommodate others? They also had a beef option. Four in all. Make sure you ask if you go. The chicken serving was small. One, coaster sized unit. The place looks like a cute book store. It had some honkies in there. It is on the main street through town. I came from the Maitland side. You go down some road off Orange (Copper Rocket intersection) and that road became Kennedy near the Birds of Prey Sanctuary. I'm not sure how long they have been open, but, I think it is recently. At this location anyway. They said they had been at Lee Rd and Edgewater or whatever they call it when it runs through Lee). They do breakfast.

*I think I have failed to mention a food item that I had in Germany. It's a great franchise opportunity. It was called a schneeballen. That means snowball in German. It is a ball of pastry strips layered into a ball and deep fried. Then they top it with powdered sugar and it looks like a snowball. Now they have many varieties of them. Some with the inside space filled.

No comments: