Thursday, December 13, 2018

Capital Grille, International Drive

I hauled my ass over to Pointe Orlando from the airport to try a place (Itta Bene) that ended up throwing a private party. I audibled to this. I've been to other ones in other cities and that plus the prices have left it off my to do list. I had a wedge salad for $12 and steak tartare for $18. Both from the appetizer section. The wedge was ok. Lots of blue cheese dressing and thick bacon bits and a few cherry tomatoes. They say the tartare feeds two people. As an app, I agree. One as a main. It was good. Not very minced. Atop some egg and onions and capers. The tiny capers were good. A side of pickled onions. Five toast halves. Very cracker like. A bit dressed. These things (and soup) are the only off ramps on the menu. The cheapest main was a salmon at $29 or $39. No matter. Most everything else is over $40 anyway. Be prepared for that. The one salmon is saw served was burned. Service was good. At the bar. The tap water is Fiji. That saves a few bucks. They validated the parking. That saved $4 more. It was full. It has that steakhouse look. Black on black. Wood and leather. Easier to stomach when it is being expensed, but, digestible on your own.

*They are opening a place called Hop Daddy. Across from CG. I think it was an ice bar. There is a bowlorama/arcade in the rear of PO called Main event. I'm not sure how long that has been there. It's huge.

No comments: