Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Grub Crawl - Disney Springs: D-Luxe Burger, BB Wolfe's Sausage Co and Chicken Guy

I dropped by here at lunch last week to sweep up the remaining dust from my list that normally would have happened over Thanksgiving. That is no longer going to be a tradition. The "wonderful" people at Dismay decided to raise the prices at the Advocare Invitational again. Now a once $10 all access session (2) ticket costs $55. Or from $20 to $110. For mostly garbage match ups.

D-Luxe Burger - I'm not sure if they are Disney owned, but, they might as well be. This was the most expensive and the worst of the three places I went to on this day. The place looks like a Zaxby's. It's supposed to be a ranch/barn. The burger was a blend of machine pressed fast food hockey puck and house burger. It was the worst of both worlds. Rare/cold inside. Rubbery outside. And it was greasy and salty. I had been using a pound of cheap ground meat (for meat sauce) at 70-30 that week and it gave off this amount of liquid fat as this burger. It came with some limp veg and a brioche bun. I find brioche too rich. Especially when paired with this much fat. This joke cost $10+. They also offered $8 fries that looked (battered) like Burger King fries. A soda was $4. The menu has a few burgers, one chicken sandwich and a grilled cheese on the kid's menu. I was expecting very little and got less. They also gave you a pager for some reason. They came and served the meal. They need the beeper. I need a sign. I'm not even going to tell you where it is. That is to help you.

BB Wolf's Sausage Co - I won't tell you where this is either. It's a kiosk that sells a few $9 sausages and a few slightly less expensive snacks. I had a pretzel twist because it was the cheapest thing I could get away with. It cost $6+. It wasn't very big, but, it was ok. It came wit two dips. A cheese fondue and mustard. I wonder how much they cost at Wetzel's Pretzel's? I just got that this Big Bad Wolf's Sausage stand. Slightly meta. Double entendre?

Chicken Guy - I was on the way out (confirming Wolfgang Puck's was open) and saw this Guy Fieri fast food chicken spot. I grabbed a Sauce Boss to go for $6. It was just two fried tenderloins (ala Zaxby's - again) on a bun with shredded lettuce and tomato. Sadly, it far exceeded anything else I sampled that day. If I had a family at Disney, this the cheapest/best option. It  has chicken sandwiches, salads, tenders, slaw, fries, street corn, fried pickle chips, mac and two desserts (one has Apple Jacks)  They have a ton of sauce combinations. My order allowed my to select any two. I think I did something green (lime and/ot chili and/or avocado) twice over. The place is an order at the counter type. It looks new and plastic-y. Clean feel. It just got in before the line got long. I think they opened in August. It is across from Wolgang Puck's. A left off the parking lot escalators.

*Jaleo is not ready. They are adding some kind of pub next to the proposed NBA place down by the Cirque tent. They aren't charging for parking in the Lime lot, yet.


No comments: