Friday, January 22, 2016

Sazoncito, OIA

I stopped at this Dominican spot in the mall with a Walmart and across from Joe's Crab Shack on 436 last Wednesday night. And let me tell you, it isn't a great idea to eat a softball of shredded beef after a Roast Beef sandwich at Jersey Mike's and then take three, over night flights to the Galapagos Islands. It was like having a Rube Goldberg Machine (think of the beginning of Elementary) in my intestines that ended with something similar to when you squeeze a tennis ball can hard so that it launches a tennis ball into the air (or in this case a bowl). As you can guess, I had some shredded beef. It was a toss in to the roast chicken platter I ordered. The place was closing and I offered to take the remaining scraps of beef in place of my two sides and at the platter price. He didn't hear me correctly and gave me two sides in addition. The platter cost $6. I think the regular price of the chicken platter was like $3. Something ridiculously low. The sides were a mountain of white rice (the portion I ate really helped the digestive dilemma I created) and beans. I didn't dare add beans to the mixture because I knew I had created a problem for myself and didn't want to add potential energy that would become kinetic in mid-flight . The beef and chicken was good. The beef was stewed with peppers, etc. The chicken was probably better earlier on. The meat was a little dry and the skin was getting soggy. The piece was big. The rice was moist with a buttery flavor. They serve "platos" with thirty three listed items. I don't think they are all available all the time. They range from lasagna to chuletas. They also have salads and desserts and apps (ie empanadas). The place is small. It isn't going to be featured in Architectural Digest, but, it is clean. They closed at 8pm. The owner says he is going to start opening earlier in the morning. They list it as open at 9am now. They have been open for ten months.

No comments: