Monday, January 25, 2016

Chutneys, Sand Lake Rd - Closed

I grabbed dinner to go at this Indian restaurant on Saturday. It replaced Lolailo (thanks for saying you weren't caput all summer when you were) four months ago. That's the strip mall on Turkey Lake Rd that has the new PGA Superstore and I think Gold's Gym. It seems to be a chain in India. The owner says he owns a couple of them there. It doesn't feel like a chain at all. They have a $10 buffet. It looked acceptable. 5 meat dishes. I had the Chicken Chettinad because I had never knowingly had it before. It was basically chicken cubes in a masala that showcased black pepper. It was good. I had it medium and that was pretty hot. It came with basmati rice. Good, It seats about eighty. It looks acceptable. They have a large mural of an elephant caravan on the wall. It still was serving a third full restaurant at three pm. The menu was solid. Most meat/vegetable/seafood groups. Even goat and lamb. Some Asian style dishes. Dosas. Prices were in line. I can't find much fault with my visit. I didn't forget to punctuate. They spell it that way.

No comments: