Thursday, June 16, 2016

Butter Chicken, Winter Park - Closed

I went to this Indian restaurant run by a Nepalese last Tuesday for lunch. It is on Howell Branch Rd on the Winter Park side. In some strip mall near a 7-11 that had or has some weird heavy metal bar. It took over a breakfast place. Uncle Henry's I think. I had the lunch buffet for $10. It was good. Five types of chicken (butter, tikka, tandori, 56, curry). I think the 56 (or something like that) is just old tandori pealed apart. Six or so vegetable dishes. I didn't try them. The usual veggies. I think there was soup and salad. They served fresh naan. The rice was a little stale. There was some dessert. The place is split into two rooms. They seemed to be saving on electricity (no lights on). The decoration is more hindu than muslim. The paintings/hangings portray more than written characters. The music seemed islamic though. The place seats about eighty. There were three other groups there at 1pm. The lone server was conscientious. The owner (down from Boston) was cordial. They take all credit cards and even bitcoin. It was better than I expected. They have been operating for around six months. They have a buy 6 get one free free buffet program.

No comments: