Saturday, May 4, 2024

American Kitchen Bar and Grill, Disney Area

I tried this hotel restaurant at the B Resort oday at lunch after Tom's Watch Bar turned out to not be open yet and Pinstripes was only doing a $35 buffet. It is on the left on the way to Disney Springs. A long time ago, I read that it had been redone and never tried it. I couldn't think of any other option down here to try and I was not about to turn around and head back. The items were expensive and limited. The cheapest thing was a $18 grilled chicken sandwich. The waiter said they had a $18 buffet with unlimited sodas. I laughed and accepted that. I had two preformed hamburgers, a hot dog, two chicken strips and some fries. The burgers were a bit meatloafy. The toppings were pretty fresh. It was an ok buffet. Dinner adds a $40 steak and a few other items. Lunch had a $21 burger, mid teens apps, Caesar and Greek salads, etc. The decor has a full truck centerpiece. Brick. Exposed duct work. Black paint. Service was sociable. He said he had worked there for decades. Parking was free. They do breakfast too. I think eggs Benedict were $16. Not a destination spot.

*FYI - I will not be trying any of these ridiculous omakase newcomers like Omo by Jont and Natsu. Or any of the old ones like Soseki. I'm boycotting this genre. It was ridiculous when legends like Nobu or Morimoto or Masayoshi were doing them in Manhattan at $100. It is armed robbery down here. I've eaten at Alain Ducasse for less. Don't look for a review. Unless you want to book it and pay for it.

No comments: