Sunday, June 9, 2024

City Market Bistro, New Smyrna Beach

I tried this spot on Canal St on Wednesday at lunch. It was Pearl Oyster Shoppe before this. This since 2021. I had the saffron and leek cream sauce mussels for $18. They were good. But there is an epidemic of shrinkflation in the bivalve community too. I haven't received a fully formed mussel in any country at any time of the year for three years. These were mostly half sized too. Though the chef said they were delivered that day. I believe him. I just ate some growers in Maine tonight. The portion size was large. The broth was good. Three slices of toast. Side of fries. They are my second least favorite type. Skin on hand cut. I think it is the water content. They never crisp. These were like that. Limp. The place is tiny. It seats around thirty. Same decor. Soft gray. Feminine looking. They now only carry IROC oysters. Small menu. Prix fixe at $25. Steak at $25. Three burgers - regular, falafel, chicken. No Su/Mo. Tu at 4pm. W-Sa normal hours. I liked it. One of the better options in NSB.

*Have you noticed that McDonald's is redesigning locations to remove the self service soda area?

No comments: