Monday, October 7, 2024

Grub Crawl - Disney Area: V Pizza, Run & Run, Moge Tee and Le Caramel

I tried these spots in a strip mall near Disney on Palm Parkway (Disney Springs exit) Saturday at lunch. In addition to these and the ones I have already reviewed, there is an Irish bar, a Mexican place, a Cuban place (Havana) and a Korean (K Bop) in that mall. And a Latin place in a small strip mall across the street. You just read (last post) why I needed a plan c. I chose this because I knew there were some places in this strip mall I hadn't tried and I figured the traffic would be the least onerous in this direction. Plus I wanted to see how close the new Susuru offshoot was. Couldn't tell. The Cuban place didn't open until 2pm. The Mexican (my first choice) wasn't ready at past noon, so, I was steered towards these places and figured I had too much food to add one more dish to it. 

V Pizza - Open for a year. It seems to be a chain. They said they have locations in Jax and the Carolinas. Large space. Already looks worn. Two brick ovens. I think they were gas powered. They seem to do all the cooking in there. I tried a sausage sandwich for $14. It was good. Came with broth. Roll was ok. Buttered. They put giardiniera on it. I passed. I didn't see how the pizzas looked. They started at $18. They have apps and Italian Beef and meatball subs and other sandwiches. Pasta. You could do worse.

Run & Run Chinese - Your typical take out spot. There for 10 year. I grabbed the $9 lunch special for dinner. Moo Goo Gai Pan with fried rice and an egg roll. Not bad. Fresh carrot, bamboo shoots, onion, lettuce, snow peas, baby corn and mushrooms. The fried rice just had egg in it. The egg roll was not cooked through as always. I'm still not thrilled that these lunch specials have almost doubled in price. But, we know who to blame for that. It makes it hurt a little less when you eat it for dinner. I also remember when the fried rice would have pork and onions in it.

Moge Tee Vista - I needed a drink because I chose egg roll over soda and thought you would want to know about it. I had a medium bubble milk tea for $6. Cheapest thing. Same old. Boba makes less sense to me every day. It can't be chewed. Like gummy bears. I think I'd rather have chick peas or beans (anything not rubber) it their place. And I don't want that. Typical menu, prices, look. Not sure how long they have been there (forgot to ask) or if they are a chain. Probably. Just saw that I went to one DT.

Le Caramel - I had an avalanche (chocolate filled, "raked" looking "pop tart") for $3.50 and a mille feuille for $5. Mille was crusty. Old? Too sweet. Avalanche was great. Nice chocolate too. They also had around six brunchy things around $12. Croissants, macarons, pastries, etc. Small space. I know they have been there for at least a few years. I may have tried something at some point.

No comments: