Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hot Krust Panini, Sand Lake

I grabbed a panini on my way out of town before Thanksgiving at this sandwich shop near Whole Foods. I had a special sandwich (a something something Ruebini) that replaces corned beef with steak or some kind of beef for $7. It was delicious. My two year old nephew even loved it. The beef made it less cloyingly savory than the pork does. Every element seemed fresh. The beef was tender. No pulling at it with your teeth. It came out quick and the owner was nice. The place seats about forty. It's clean and new. It seemed to be doing brisk business. They have about a twenty regular sandwiches and half a dozen gourmet salads. Wings and soup and fries too. I think the most expensive thing was $9. Good option if you want something easy. And this is the price point for assembly line sandwich shops? They should be shamed by comparisons to places like this.

No comments: