Saturday, March 3, 2018

BBB Tofu House, West Colonial Dr

I tried this newish (September) Korean restaurant after Grills about a week and a half ago. It is inside that shopping area (back middle) on West Colonial (5140) that I call Chinatown. I grabbed a Dduk Mandu Guk to go because we all know and love it. It cost $12. Actually, I had never tried it and had tried many of the other dishes you'd find in any Korean place. That was actually a surprise because I thought it was just a hot pot or vegan place. The Dduk turned out to be 12 medium sized steamed wontons filled with ground pork in chicken stock with some rice cakes and tofu. The "wontons" were ok. The tofu was great. I'd guess it was home made. Very fresh. Very loose. Nothing like the usual stuff we are force fed. Stuff that I see on TV cooking shows. They also threw in some bonchon. Kim chi. Bean Sprouts. Spicy burdock root (I think). Leafy greens (I won't guess). Rice noodles. Fish cakes. White rice. It was good enough to tempt me back. And I ate it six hours after they made it. The place is small. It sits about 40. It was a little late for lunch when I got there. There were still a couple of tables of Koreans there. The place is colored mostly light gray. They have some Korean images blown up on the hall to the bath rooms. Nice people. The BBB stands for Bao Bao Bao (sp?). It's word play for three types of bao. Good luck. Good food. Or something along those lines. Are you down with BBB? You know me!

No comments: