Monday, September 4, 2023

AJ Chocolate House, Winter Park

I tried this US franchisee of a Belgian chain on Saturday at lunch. It wasn't planned. They are on the corner of Fairbanks and Park. They have parking in front. I had the Brussels Waffles for $16. It was actually waffle. Ok. You could choose two toppings. I chose dark chocolate. Because. It is a chocolate place. And bananas. Because. I needed some substance. Good, melted chocolate. You could probably get their $25 chocolate fondue experience doing it this way. Bananas (two rows) were fresh. Some good whipped cream too. They also offer up loads of chocolates at $2.50 per. Boxes for them are bit overpriced. Not included. Also, ice cream, cakes, wine, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. A few plush seats. Big glass case of chocolates in the center. Enough staff. Clothed. Open for three weeks. Window views. There are a few high end chocolate places around (Lake Ivanhoe, UCF area). I think they might be the best value. And I'm not a Belgian homer. Same with their beer. But it isn't without its adherents. The name is a bit bland, right? I think you could give it a perusal if you are the neighborhood.

* I also saw that next door is a new Peruvian place (Mares) that was to open on Sunday. It will be my next victim. And who the hell is reading these posts. I just had over two and a half thousand daily views per day to start the month. With few new posts. And many more last month. Haven't checked since the 2nd if it is becoming a trend. Oh. It's 13k+. WTF!

No comments: