Sunday, September 10, 2023

Summer House Bar, OIA

I tried this place in Terminal 3 at MCO last Saturday at dinner. I had the grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and avocado for $14. It also had l, t, o and a decent bun. Oh, and good french fries. Big piece of chicken. Cooked correctly. Two thick pieces of maple smoked bacon. I was thrilled. Let me put this in perspective. I popped into Wendy's (not even at the airport) before this and their chicken combo is $12!. For shit, tiny, chicken. Btw. When did this get that expensive? I swear it was $7 the last time I had one of those combos. Here they also have a typical Southern Cal menu. Even a breakfast sandwich. It looks hip and clean. Mostly white paint and light wood. Light gray accents. Big windows. On the second level. Open kitchen. Bar in the center. Large. Modern furniture and tableware. A good value. How often does that phrase and airport appear in the same sentence? Service was good. Attractive too. Dressed up. A nice find.

No comments: