Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Toasted, Winter Park

I picked up a grilled cheese with arugula to go at this grilled cheese and burger spot on Tuesday. It cost $6. It was what I expected - a very buttered fat bomb. I forget the nickname they gave this offering or what cheese they used (a mix). It could have used some more arugula. However, it was a good and new combination for me. The place replaces a crepe restaurant in the strip mall on Aloma that houses a Whole Foods. It seats about 40 people inside on two seaters (two two seat hightops) and three outside tables. It's cramped. The left wall has a rubbery button facade in yellow. The right wall has a periodic table of cheese. I forget the exact color scheme, but, I think there was orange and blue and black too. The place is brand new. It looked like it was being run as a family affair. It was so "perfect" that it may be a chain. The burgers looked better than the grilled cheeses. There are about six of each. Not as much creativity as I was expecting. This is a specialty place. Like PB&J's, Cereal's and other nostalgic inspired themes, it focuses on a niche. It's fun. Who knows, maybe it will survive the curiosity faze. It was packed when I was there (all spectrums of society) at two. Lots of take out business too.

No comments: