Thursday, April 15, 2021

Castle Church Brewing Community, OIA Area

I finally succeeded in trying this two year old brewery with a food truck this Tuesday night. It is east of 436 on Hoffner. It takes up most of a warehouse complex. I'll start with the beer. It may be the best I can remember in CF and/or anywhere for that matter. I had an Irish red and a regular red and an IPA and a double IPA. All were great. Especially the reds. They sell around twelve types of beer (plus someone else's wine). This flight cost $10. I grabbed a bratwurst (in a bun) from the food truck (theirs). It was fine. Big. Can't really screw up a brat. It cost $8. They also sold a few more food stuffs. It was taco Tuesday. They were selling steak tacos. The place is huge. Opposite of claustrophobia inducing. All the equipment is behind the centralized bar. You pass a lounge area and a conference room on the way in. In back there is another area with a stage and an outside area. There were three groups of two inside and one large table of people outside. The bartender said it was usually busier. She was nice. lots of parking. I believe they open at 11am and stay open until it thins out (or 6pm at the earliest). I believe it is part of a church or integrated into one. I wasn't abducted or evangelized and you hardly realized the connection. I'm sure the most  "tolerant and open minded" of our society will find something about that that triggers their sensibilities. I certainly hope it does. They don't deserve to experience this artistry. 

*I intended to fold in a trip to the Ellipsis brewery. They close at 7pm for some insane reason. I did find it though and will try and hit it again soon. It's a few streets down from 436 (near the airport) on the road that has Rock and Brews. Turn right onto TPC Blvd. A corner spot in a warehouse on the right.

No comments: