Friday, April 30, 2021

Grub Crawl - Sanford: Kitchen AF and Parva

 I stumbled upon these two in a strip mall (with a Qdoba) on 17-92 and Lake Mary Blvd about ten days ago at lunch. The first was in an ex- half El Salvadoran place I reviewed back in March of 2014 called Sunny Breeze Cafe. Not sure when they closed the doors. Told you I stumbled upon these. They say they also have a location in Winter Park on Aloma. I forgot to check if I reviewed that. That location only has lunch hours. This one is open all day.

Kitchen AF - Basically an order window. Which is appropriate because the food was fast food quality. I had an Orange Ave Chicken Sandwich for $9. I recently had two McChickens for $3 (for both). They were as good. The funny thing is they served it in a container ala the McDLT. Hot on one side. Cold on the other. This one was a frozen patty probably purchased at Publix. They sprinkled some old diced carrot and field greens on it and dipped it in "Mandarin orange sauce". Poor AF. Plus it took a while to make. I went to the next spot after I ordered and they beat them to the punch. The staff seemed stoned. They also sell burgers, pasta, soup, subs, bowls salads and dinners. I can't say I will be curious enough to find out if they are any better. Open for nine months.

Parva - They saved the day. A Colombian place that has been there for three years. I just ordered a pan con lechon (pulled pork) for $8. Notice the lower price. It was fairly moist (one top piece was a bit dry) and tasty pork. A fair amount. Swiss. Grilled (slightly under cooked) onions. Good roll. The plantain chips were a bit old. Just bought and ate two bags on a bogo, so, I was up on my plantain knowledge. They look like a coffee shop. The decor makes me think they took over one. But, they have a big menu.  Full breakfast. Rice bowls. Samplers. Apps. Finger food. Pastries. Meals. Beverages. Order at a counter. The decor was wood with steel chairs and coffee decorations. Looks new and modern. Video menu. I would go back again. Rushing this review to get back to the draft.

*A propos of nothing - I just viewed a travel show where they showed a Rain Drop Cake. Search it.

No comments: