Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Courtyard Grill, New Smyrna Beach

I tried this spot last Wenesday at dinner. It's in an alley in between Pine and Cooper on Flagler. Opens at 5pm. No Monday. Casual dress code. Under this owner for six years. I had ribs with side and salad and bread for $25. Did a Caesar. Bad dressing. Ok greens. Red potatoes for side. Four thick slices. Ribs were large for baby backs. Tender. Moist. He said he smokes them himself. Covered in sweet bbq sauce. I don't love that. Half rack. Waitress threw in a sample of the award winning clam chowder. The menu is American and Italian. Even a hamburger on spaghetti called Surf and Turf. Prices in twenties and up. Most tables outside. Two inside with the bar. Bar area is black and modern. Outside is covered. Pretty full at 5pm. Good service. I thought it would be fancier. Still pretty good. 

*I thought this would wrap up NSB. Saw some turnover though. A big Jimmy Hula's opened on other side of intercoastal. My first time back since the hurricanes. Some beach erosion and foundering houses. The guys who put in stairs to the beach have been busy. Beach was very clean. No seaweed. Water may be warm enough already.

No comments: