Sunday, August 11, 2024

Pizza Twist, Sanford

I tried this spot on Saturday at lunch. I grabbed a small hand tossed pizza to go for $10. Their differentiation is Indo-Paki. I was about as excited about that as I am about their take over of motels/hotels. And I was right. Indian thrift throughout. You won't win this value proposition. They up charge for everything. Of course they charge a credit card fee. My pizza was alright in a Papa John's sort of way. After the thirty minute wait (with no other customers present), I received a puffy (almost pan) pizza with ok red sauce and cheese that tasted more of wood (makes sense since it is alluded to that they add saw dust/cellulose to shaved cheese) the cooler the slices got. I still think they gave me one of the online orders in lieu of my small. If so, I am even more disappointed. They are from the cess pool Of California. A chain. They also do some pasta, breadsticks, apps (like samosas) and wings. Wings make some sense with these flavor possibilities. All things in double digits. They took over a location in a strip mall across from the Wal-Mart. I think it was called Capone's or something equally generic. It looks like a chain. Around seven tables. You know I love fusion, but, I'm just not sold on this. And not at these price points. Let me ask you. Pizza with butter sauce? Tikka masala? How stoned do you have to be? I'll probably end up loving it in five years from now. Not that I toke. Oh, and they bombard you with Bollywood videos. The only thing worse than K pop. Open for a month. 

No comments: