Friday, June 8, 2018

The Frog and the Monkey, Mount Dora

I ate lunch at this pub (English?) about ten days ago. It has a basement location in one of the three story buildings on the main street downtown. Nothing really appealed to me (burgers and sandwiches and a few English dishes), so, I settled on a turkey and brie panini. It was better than I expected. Whole grain bread. Apple. Thick sliced turkey. Acceptable brie. I goofed by sub-ing out honey mustard for spicy. Generous portion. The real kicker was the side of potato salad. A sweet mayo (Duke's). Celery, carrots, raw onion. I usually don't like Duke's and I have never had celery or carrots in my PS, but, it worked. I think there was a pickle too. It cost $11. The current occupants have been there for over ten years. I think they said the place has been a pub since the Eighties. It's a little worn. It's a little small. Six or seven customers. It looks like a pub. Monkey decorations. They seem to have a corner for a dj or minstrel. Service was good. I tried for bangers, but, they were out. They had a venison burger and some pork dish as specials. Nothing out of the teens. It's ok for this sort of place.

No comments: