Thursday, June 28, 2018

Andy's Frozen Custard, Sanford

I went to this frozen custard franchise (appears to have started in Misery emm Missouri) last night because I hoped they served food. Nope. I grabbed a small old fashioned soda for $4.39. It starts as soda water and vanilla ice cream (pardon me - custard) and you add a syrup. I chose chocolate. Is that an egg cream?  It was good. The custard was soft serve. Tasted like most others. The chocolate syrup was great. It tasted familiar. Hershey's? I think custard is ice cream with egg added to it. They also serve "concretes', sundaes, splits, floats, cones, cups, malts, etc. It looks like a Fifties McDonald's. They have a drive thru. They opened six weeks ago. It was popular. They are behind the Red Robin off Rinehart by the Wal-Mart. I stopped at PDQ after and the custard and the fried chicken sandwich weren't the worst combo.

*A few dishes I encountered in the Rocky Mountain states: chicken and quinoa burrito (Denver, CO) eggs benedict on quinoa cakes (Fort Collins, CO), powder (Fort Collins, CO), runza (a ground beef and cabbage stuffed roll) and frings (french fry and onion ring combo) (McCook NE) and wheel cheese (round grilled cheese sandwich) (Oakley, KS).

No comments: