Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Grub Crawl - Disney Springs: Paradiso 37 and Everglazed Donuts

 We've got a lot to catch up on and not that much time to do it in, so, The next posts will come fast and furious. Maybe one a day for the next week. I finally tried this supposedly 37 country (but mostly Mexican) restaurant two weeks ago at lunch. I think it is the oldest of the surviving ones. That it was the last one I went to tells you what my intuition thought of it. It's in the middle. Back by the lake. It has a Key West feel. The menu is supposed to be from 37 countries. Hardly. And why Canada and poutine is ram rodded in there, I have no idea. Maybe they are the only ones white enough to think this stuff is Latin. They do have something called an Argentinian steak and salsipapas (tiny hot dogs) from South America. The rest of the "foreign' options are things quesadillas. I tried the cheapest thing because the menu was simple and overpriced. Very Disney. It cost $18. It was the pulled pork sandwich. It was ok. The other barbeque spot there is better. Very sauced. Slice of pineapple. Slaw. Ok sesame coated bun. Ok fries served in a basket. Service was good. Food came out pretty fast. Bar on right. Patio on lake. Nice decor. Rum posters. You can skip it. Should I make a John Milton joke?

Everglazed Donuts - I actually came here for them. Open for three months. Gourmet donuts. The first location. Florida theme. Also sells drinks and beer. Two categories of donuts. One costs $4.50. One $5.50. I had a $4.50 Fruity Pebbles. It was pretty good. Big. I think I failed it. I didn't eat it right away and left it in a hot car. It mad the cereal kind of stale. It had a white icing blob on top. Donut tasted good. You could tear the top half from the bottom. It is a rectangular build with windows on the front side. You walk down to the counter and then pick up and walk the other way out of the store. Aside the bowling alley nearer to the circus tent. 

*I saw that there was a new (very popular) sweets place on the way to Paradiso from the green lot. I think it was called 8 Tracks way back. Now it looks like a Harry Potter theme rip off. Wasn't about to wait in line to find out. It was also nice to inter act with the Disney gestapo before entering. If only we spent as much energy combating terrorism as we do a virus. The new place next to Jaleo seems stuck in neutral. And no sign of the Brooklyn pastry store. There was some wood paneling over a location that was near where I first saw the sign. The sign is gone. Maybe they are too. Next post will be about two breweries.


No comments: