Friday, May 21, 2021

Chicago Dog & Co, Altamonte Springs

I tried this Chicago style snacks stand over two weeks ago at dinner. I had a double smash burger ($6) and a Chicago dog ($4) to go. While I'll never accept that a pickle and tomato justify doubling the price of a dog, I am liking the "salad" dog more as grow older. This Rover had good snap. Beef? The pickle was fresh. Two peppers that I tossed. Onions, relish and mustard. The burgers were beefy. Well done. Small. Thin. Nooks. Probably flamed. Grilled onions. American cheese. Ok bun. No condiments. They sell around ten things. Italian beef, dogs and burgers. Everything is probably priced double what comparable fast food goes for. But, that's in line with these mom and pop places. It took over an ice cream stand that I think was called Snowflake. They have a decent size parking lot and a covered picnic area away from the road. It is west (towards Apopka) of 434 on 436. Not too far past 434. On the right side of 436 coming from I-4. Next to another place that has been there forever. I think that is an Irish place. Open for probably two months now (factoring in my delay in reporting). I believe they do at least lunch and dinner.

*The next posts will be from this week. I may break one into two parts.

No comments: