Saturday, March 23, 2019

Tiger Loves Pizza, Sanford

I grabbed a pepperoni pie to go at this pizzeria plus in the strip mall on 46 behind the 7-11 and Subway on the west side of I-4 last night. It was better than I expected. In between a conventional, shredded cheese, thick crust American pie and a rustic, thin Italian pie. It cost $12. $11 for cheese. It is 14". They can do a bigger pie. They cook it in a steel oven with a dog house door opening that you see in brick ovens. The whole pie is thin. Even the crust. It looks like one of those conveyor belt pizzas, but, it was baked properly. Lots of inoffensive cheese. The pepperoni was Hormel-like, but, profusive. It took them too long to deliver. A half hour. They also serve a burger, wings, fries and crepes. The sign said the were out of the latter. They claim to be interested in serving a chicken sandwich and one other thing. I'm not sure if the last iteration was a crepe place, but, the lady who handed me the pizza sounded French. I wonder if this is a reboot from those people? The "special pizzas" weren't that special. A truffle pizza for around $20 is just truffle oil (usually a chemical compound with no truffle in it - see tutorial) and they call a meat lovers pizza a "redneck" or "hillbilly" or some other disparaging term for unknown reasons. I've never heard of that connection. Maybe it's just a slap at all "dumb" Americans and their pork fascination? I would personally be more irritated with a pineapple or ranch dressing lover. The place is named after their dog. A big mural of it is on the left side. The décor is chain link fence. Bricks I think. Leftovers from the last place? They had sports on the tube. They have been open since October. I really only wanted a slice or two. They don't do that. But, it turned out to my benefit. I ate most of pie last night. The lone surviving slice tasted good today cold. I'll go back and see how the burger is sometime in the future. Anyone commuting down 46 could do worse than bring one of their pies home to the family. I'm not sure what kind of lunch service they can expect without slices. Maybe they do that? I just can't remember seeing it. Four customers came and went while I was there. No one ate in though. Sodas were under $2. They had beer.

No comments: