Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Dancing Crab, Altamonte Springs

I tried this Cajun "boil" place (on 436 near 434) on Sunday. I grabbed a pound of crawfish to go. Let me start by saying I was already angry when I realized not only was this almost duplicative of the place across 434 that I just reviewed, it replaced the shitty steak place (Manny's) I wasted my time and money reviewing just a few months earlier. I really love being the last rat off (or in this case on) a sinking ship. The crawfish cost $12. It was the cheapest exit ramp. They were tough and flavorless. either over boiled or frozen or both. It came with "shrunken head" corn (2 pieces) and two slabs of potatoes. Nothing like the beautifully fresh (and less expensive) ones I had at The Shed in Mississippi weeks back. They also do some fried apps, soups and (be scared) oysters. I'd shy away. They did next to nothing to the cheesy Fifties diner décor. They added some nets to the ceiling and put up some blatantly plastic fish. They also added a dj. The music varied from eighties white man over bite pop to mumble rap. All too loud. The meal took forever and a day to come out. I had to have it tracked down. The place won't last much longer than the last place. Surprisingly, it isn't run by them. Must have graduated from the same restaurant management program. I'm kidding of course. No chance they put in that kind of effort.

*I'll have more to say on the subject when I get to the last places I ate this week. But, I wanted to relate that the tiny span of time in which restaurants (fast food most notably) evinced concern over hygiene is over. Back to stomach woes. And I would also like to let you know that much of rise in Wu Flu cases may not just be protest or hormonal related. Driving in and out of the state I saw many, many foreign plates coming and going. Our state has to have absorbed tons of tourists (more volume) bringing their germs with them. Governor Homo should acknowledge this when he tries to embarrass Florida. A large portion of these people came from his state. As they did at the outset as well. And they are doing it to escape his policies. Everyone outside of Southern NY (and I only say this because I wouldn't go there) reviled him when I asked. He is a cause along with the others. Once again he is exporting his problems elsewhere. This time it is to us instead of nursing homes.

No comments: