Monday, April 30, 2012

Lake Mary Food Truck Roundup - April: Cafe Rouge, Cafe Cocoa Mo, City Eats and Streats 407

I went here yesterday (1-4pm).

Cafe Rouge Express: I had Escargot on Melba Toast with a Shallot Cream Sauce for $7. It was good. Seven snails. Very rich. They even buttered the toast.

Cafe Cocoa Mo: I had a medium mango smoothie for $5. It was fine.

City Eats: I had Blue Crab Salad Sliders for $5. It was not blue crab. I've been catching and eating blue crabs out of Shinecock Bay every summer since I was a kid. I know what they feel, taste and look like. They are not half dollar sized. They don't taste like fish. They aren't red. This was sharimi. Shame on you.

Streats 407: I had a Curacus (Caracas is the right spelling) Dog for $3. It was an overcooked, limp dog with a crappy slaw and some potato stix. They were the best part. The vinegar is the slaw soaked the bun. It made it pasty and overwhelmed your taste buds. The bun was also split so everything fell out. It took forever to get it. They say they do iinternational street food. I guess hamburgers qualify.

No comments: