Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pub Crawl - Sanford: West End Trading Co (Closed), Sapphire (Closed) and Vine (Closed)

I went to these bars after the musical on Friday because I was already there.


9:30-10pm: The West End Trading Company - The bar is on S. Sanford Avenue (the one behind the main drag). It has three rooms. It was slightly patroned. Mostly guys. It stunk of smoke and had those kinds of people there. Not my thing.

10-11pm: Sapphire Cocktail Lounge - This place on a corner of the main drag looked trendier. It was empty (save two others). The sad thing is there was a Arts event taking place this night.

11pm-1:30am: Vine - It's next door to Sapphire. I can't believe I amused myself that long there. It was just one guy and the two owners singing Karaoke. I hate Karaoke. They do a artisan beer and wine experience. Also allows smoking. The name might not be just Vine. They said the changed it from Twisted Vine, but, I'm not sure I heard what they changed it to clearly.

Nights like this is why I don't move to Alaska. I envision this would be the norm.

No comments: