Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Port, Sanford

I had dinner at this spot on that little island in Sanford that had previously been Oscar's and Efes (as well as others) on Friday night. I had Frog Legs for $11. They came with two sides. I had a baked potato (small) and hush puppies (4). I'm never sure if I can trust any restaurant to serve the fish they promise and I couldn't remember the rule about oysters (don't eat them in a month with a Y? R?). The legs (4 pairs) were fine. More of a lark. They are always kind of bland. I recommend them fried. Everything is better fried. Right? They were obliging enough to let me split my order into half fried and half grilled. The hush puppies were fine too. I think that is the appropriate descriptor for this place. It's fine. Nothing too ambitious. A place that is on par with it's environs. They didn't do much to the interior. It is most definitely not "elbow to elbow" seating. It looks almost like the place is set up for late night dancing. I don't think it is. The place seats about forty (could seat double) inside and thirty outside. It has a black color scheme and some Pottery Barn type light fixtures and wall art. They have a pioneer restaurant in Haines City. It was mostly empty when I showed up at 6pm. It got a little more full by the time I left. The service was good. The food came out in record time. Go for the view (as always). I think it opened right before the New Year.

No comments: