Saturday, January 18, 2014

Osaka, Lake Mary

I had dinner at this Japanese Hibachi place (that now passes in their minds as a steakhouse) in the strip mall with the LA Fitness last week. It has been around since fish first walked on dry land. I hadn't reviewed it before now because I don't know how it exists and I choose to pretend it doesn't exist. We used to joke at work that it was better than a laxative. I was roped into going by someone in love with their (massively over hyped) white sauce and only back in town for the week. I'm only reviewing it now because it annoys me to no end that there are five or more of these types of "circus" establishments in this area alone and people need to get a grip. I paid $19 for a portion of shrimp and steak that would barely satisfy a medium sized dog. And it wasn't even good quality. No amount of greasy rice and noodles and vegetables can balance this value proposition. I call these places "circus" establishments because they are a venue that one brings their kids (I hope this is the reason) to be under-tained and overcharged. A circus would offer a hot dog and popcorn. These places give you soy soaked, grease slop. Avoid.

No comments: