Saturday, January 18, 2014

Whitewood, Lake Mary - Closed

*I went back today and ordered a Chicken Ibiza Panini for $8 and left it there and walked out even though I paid for it. It was the size of one of those snack items at Arby's, burnt and generally gross looking. An insult. I'm not surprised because the disgusting ape they call a cook was still in charge. I watched in horror the last time I was there (should have edited this then) as he constantly pulled on and off his plastic gloves (you realize they are disposable?) with his infected hands. It didn't really matter because he cross contaminated everything while he had the gloves on (including touching his runny nose with them). This was the last straw. I've been going there occasionally out of pity. Between this and their Chavo debacle, I'm out. One more infidel that has wised up.


Dammit. Now that I broke down and reviewed Osaka, I guess I have to do this. I reviewed their first spot (Downtown) and now they have taken over the spot that was Fish On The Fly. I had a Mixed Shwarma Platter for $12 last week. It was slices of vertical rotisserie steak and chicken with two sides. I chose roasted potatoes and rice in grape leaves. It was supposed to come on a bed of french fries, but, it came on a pile of basmati rice that was much more appropriate. Everything was very good. The steak may have been a little burnt, but, it still had flavor. The portions were enormous. I'm not sure if they spoiled me because it was empty and maybe the food was going to be tossed. If not, you'll be like me and have enough for tomorrow's dinner after making yourself look pregnant the day you buy the meal. They did a nice job refurbing the inside. It's very "open" and modern. The chef says he plans to make most things to order. The menu is Mediterranean. We need a less inclusive word than this by now. It's more Arab-y. Think waitresses with plucked out and magic markered in eyebrows. The owner's are opening the new Mexican spot on the other end of International parkway in a few weeks.

Finally got my spell check back. Only had to download Chrome to do it.

No comments: