Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mikado, Hunter's Creek

Last Wednesday I had lunch 2 (after cutting short an unsatisfactory first lunch experience) at this sushi restaurant in the new strip mall in Hunter's Creek (closer to 417) on John Young. Because I was half full, I just had the sushi roll combo (choose 2) for $8.75. I chose a crunch roll (seaweed, tempura crunch and crab) and a spicy tuna roll. Even though spicy whatevers are generally made with the remenants of the fish, the quality was still better than Suki Hanna's full pieces. And the faux crab seemed fresher. The rolls were long (8 pieces). The service was good and fast. A pretty and pleasant Asian woman. My order in way deserved the respect she showed me. The place is brand new. It's an offshoot of the one in metro west. It's small (seats 40). It's new. It's authentically decorated. It has good light and high cielings. It looks good from the street. It will eat Suki Hanna's lunch. Which would be a burden if it wasn't a metaphor.

No comments: