Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tavern On The Lake, Metro West - Closed

I had lunch at this American restaurant (formerly Dan Marino's) in Metro West near the golf course (go in off Kirkman and make a left at the course then up a 1/2 a mile) on Wednesday. I had Cheeseburger Lunch Special for $7. The CB was properly cooked if about 1/2 the size of what I suppose their non-lunch special burger is. It had a good bun and fresh toppings (fresh romaine leaf was nice). It came with a bag of chips. Would it kill them to take them out of the bag? Weak. It also came with a soda. The service was good. I sensed a little 'tude when he found out I was going with the special, but, he warmed up and at the end we were fast friends. The place is nice. Modern. I didn't appreciate being herded towards the bar when the place's main attraction is the lake behind it. But, I insisted on a table in the main dining room. They have a nice patio with a view of the lake. It seats about 80. There were five other tables occupied. I sensed the pallor of death in the air. I hope it's not always that slow, but, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of it's obituary in months to come. It would be a shame because the place isn't bad and they obviously are cognizant of the bad economy (cheap lunch specials). I really won't understand if you keep paying an equal amount for a Combo at Subway when you can be here for the same price.

No comments: