Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tomatina, Winter Park - Closed

Last Friday I had dinner at this tapas/paella bar in Winter Park (near Dexter's). I couldn't get a seat so I restricted my purchase to what they deserve to get out of guy getting a bar stool experience. I had the Caracoles al Ajillo (snails in oil) for $8 and Tortilla Espanola (quiche/fritta with potatos and onions) for $6. The snail portion was larger than I anticipated (about 16 snail pieces). The Tortilla was 3 two inch squares. Both were good. The snails could have had more garlic. The place was packed (about 40 seats). Most people were sharing paella that averaged around $40 (but you get 50 cents worth of rice and $6 worth of shellfish!). The place is cute. They have outdoor seating. It's quasi-modern. The staff was friendly. The owners were working (I think they were sauced). They had an interesting wine and beer menu. The tapas menu is no where near as extensive as Ceviche. If we start with the premise that I think tapas and paella are two of they bigger food cons going, then I had a surprisingly satisfactory "meal".

No comments: