Friday, January 25, 2013

Kosher on Wheels Food Truck, I Drive

I had Chichen Schnitzel on a baguette from this Glatt Kosher, blue food truck on the north end of I Drive on Wednesday. It cost $11. I ate a bite while it was hot and the rest for dinner. It was outrageous. It wasn't greasy. They baguette was fresh (maybe a tad soft to be a true French baguette). They dressed it with hummus (always reminds me of what Bruno understands Hamas to be), tahini, red cabbage, hot sauce, tomatoes, pickles and maybe mustard and pesto and Israeli salad if Israeli salad had cucumbers in it. It sounds like a mess. It eats like an orgasm. Which, if you believe the movie Ted, is what a Boston girl sounds like while having the latter. They also serve a turkey shwarma they assemble themselves. You know those big meatloaves they shave to make a gyro? They make their own out of turkey. They gave me a hefty sample and it was excellent. They have baby chicken which I think was just pulled chicken. They have grilled chicken. They have kufta kebab, falafel, salad, and sabich (I forget what that is). They also have nuggets and hot dogs and burgers. They say "for the kids", but, who's to know. The items are a bit steep for a supposedly low overhead business model. However, I would pony up for one of these bad boys every once in a while. They even have canopied areas on both sides of the truck for you to sit. They seem to always be parked in this lot (near Peter Glenn's Ski Shop). It is usually doing a brisk business. I recommend it. Even the resultant burps they engendered were like a sweet memory throughout the night.

No comments: