Friday, January 25, 2013

Q'Sabor, I Drive

I ordered a chicken empanada to go from this Venezuelan restaurant on the north end of I Drive (across the street form the Peter Glenn ski store) on Wednesday. I had a bite in the parking lot and the rest for dinner. It was good. The chicken was a little dry and little too shredded. It felt like eating rope and mush. It was, however, freshly fried. The dough was sweeter than I'm used to experiencing with empanadas. It cost $3. They also serve arepas, cachapas (sweet corncakes), bowls, and parrillas. They are filled with various meats or cheeses. The most expensive thing costs $7. It's a small place. It must seat 20 max. It is two months old and look like a new take out type place. It's clean. it's brightly painted. They have poster sized pictures of the food to help explain it. They also serve juices (could be fresh made) and coffee. It's a limited menu, so, let's hope that results in expert execution. I think it's a good stepping stone for anyone who wants to try north-South American cuisine. And maybe it's a slice of home for any expats or Chavez enablers. I would cover the white ceiling tile areas of the upper wall with something (unless it's a code violation).

No comments: