Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yaya's, Orlando

I had an egg sandwich to go on my way to the airport at this Cuban Cafe and Bakery on Monday. It had scrambled eggs, cheese, sausage (also available with bacon or ham) and was served on a pressed Cuban roll. It cost $5. It was fine. A typical egg sandwich (bigger) with three, butterflied link sausages. The bread and portion size set it apart (but showed up in the price). They serve the same dozen or so selections you see in every Cuban restaurant. If this were ten years ago, I would say find it. But, there is a glut of Cuban places around CF. I bet you can find similar in your neighborhood. If you go here, it is on Hewitt Rd off 436. It's on a semi-circle in a residential neighborhood. Depending on which direction you are traveling on 436, it is on the near or far end of the street. I don't think you can see it from 436 (and your eyes should be on the road anyway). It's in a little house that seats about 20. It was all Cuban when I went there. Perhaps the bakery made the bread that I tasted. The confectioneries (never world class to begin with) seemed mediocre.

No comments: