Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jazz Tastings, Maitland

I stopped in for a beer at this live music restaurant on Friday. The draw is live jazz. The room was full. I was told by a couple that they showed at 8pm and every table was already taken. I guess that is what you have to do if you want to spend a night here (reserve a table). The bar only seats about six and there really is no standing room. The menu read like dull, bar food, but, the stuff that came out of kitchen looked pretty tasty. The crowd was older and about half black and half white. The places seats about 80. Jazz murals decorate the walls. The interior design is what some people deem elegant, but, I find to be inartful/mass produced. It is on the road to Eatonville in the strip mall that has the Copper Rocket. It's less of a bar than I expected, but, I could spend an evening there and pretend I was still on one of my Intro to Jazz assignments. Really only for jazz freaks.

No comments: