Saturday, September 8, 2018

Grub Crawl - Mount Dora: Shiva and Le Petit Sweet

I went to these spots at lunch on Friday. They are on 5th Ave. That is the through street in town that you turn off to get to what most consider the main street in town. Around the theater. I was going to try the Peruvian place, but, it has closed. I have pretty much reported back on all the restaurants in town now. There are couple of iffy places that I may try in the future.

Shiva - I have driven by this Indian restaurant for at least three years it seems. I would be harder on them, but, the owner was nice. I had the meager lunch buffet fro $12 because most dishes are near $20. It had two meat dishes (Butter Chicken and another off menu chicken dish). The butter chicken was bland. The other chicken had traces of chicken. I also tried a mushroom dish. It was the tastiest. They only offered eight options. One was rice. They did serve naan. The place is small. It was empty. It is decorated with Hindu symbols. The ceiling had embossed tiles. They serve mostly Northern dishes. Veg, chicken, lamb, goat and shrimp. I think they consider their identity as up scale. 5th Element eats them alive.

Le Petit Sweet - The window makes them seem as though they are a cake place. They are more. Sweets, ice cream, coffee, tea. I had a lavender cookie for $1 and a pumpkin pie and an eclair for $1.80. The cookie was ok. It tasted more of rosemary than lavender. The pumpkin pie was half of a donut sized cup. It was good. The eclair was smallish. Great flavor in the icing and filling. It looks cute. Very girly. They have been open for four years.

*I will casually mention a place I stopped by on the way. It is in Eustis (more like Sorrento) on 437 and 44. It is called Momiji. I learned of them through a billboard on 46 that is no longer there. I won't go because their prices are high. $6 tuna or salmon sushi. I guess lack of competition will do that. Like I've said, Koy Wan is like $3 more for unlimited. There was also a bbq truck on 437. No name that I could see.

No comments: