Monday, September 3, 2018

Pub Crawl - Ivanhoe/Mills: Ivanhoe Park Brewing and Grape & the Grain

I went to these places on or off Virginia yesterday at dusk. The first is on Alden (the turn before or after the tracks) Rd at the edge of Lake Highland Prep school. The second is across the parking lot from the market, etc on Virginia (nearest to 50).


Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co - They said they opened in June, but, the official opening is in a few weeks. I had a flight (blond ale, ipa, porter and witbier). They were mostly good. The ipa was a little bitter. The porter was the best. And I don't love that style. It had good balance. Not heavy. Each 4oz pour was $2. They also sell a few other breweries. I had 2 4ozers of those. I don't recall many places allowing that. Maybe I'm misremembering. The place looks good. It's new. Inside and outside areas. Warehouse-y. They had The Pastrami Project food truck there (how I found out they had opened). They have parking. It seemed like every other person had a dog there. Varied clientele. Fine service. Too few tvs.

Grape & the Grain - Here is another that I missed the memo on. I've been waiting almost two years since they announced. They opened in June. It's just a wine and beer bar. Not special in any way. They have a patio. Some distinct options. It is decorated in copies of Warhol paintings. It looks like a little house. I could swear I saw that a chain in the West has the same name. They said they weren't affiliated with that.

No comments: