Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sourdough Bread House, Maitland

Today I had breakfast at this Turkish bakery that serves breakfast and lunch (closes at 3:30 pm). I just got back from Greece/Bulgaria and my clock (and appetite I guess) hasn't reset yet. I had the Bread House omelet for $11. It was nice, but like all the other selections, it was about 50% overpriced. It would be considered under filled by most Americans. It had a leaf or two of spinach, some feta and a mushroom or two. It was probably a two egger. It was slightly tough. It came with a large slice of walnut bread with butter and jam and a grape and a half slice of pineapple. The bread was the best part. Nice presentation. The rest off the breakfast menu consisted of a Turkish melange that cost $20 and some other things around $10 (eggs, french toast, avocado toast). The lunch menu had some salads, paninis and plates with assorted meats. All around the same price points. I think their breads cost $7 or $9 a loaf. The decor was trying to be shabby chic/modern. It was kind of girly. It seats about 40. It was empty at 11:30 am. The waiter disappeared without giving me the check. I had to chase down someone. They have been open for a year and a half. I don't see how. It's not bad, Just not a value. It is in a strip mall at the intersection of N. Orlando Ave (17-92) and Howell Branch Road (I think). In between where the Publix is and the McDonialds is. They would have to drop the prices to get me to come back.

No comments: