Monday, February 15, 2016

Brigadoon Old Florida Fish Camp, Port Orange

I hit this place last night on my way back from Hilton Head. Where I had a respectable seafood shanty meal at a place called Hudsons. So, it is possible. No luck here. I ended up here because place number one had a forty minute wait and place two was just another outpost of that Hidden Treasures place I already tried. This place is on the south side of a bridge/bay on US 1. Take 95 to 421 and make a right on US 1. Or take 14 to 46 (NSB) to US 1 North. It's really a small bar with only outdoor seating (6 picnic tables). They were closing, so, I just had a tuna poke for $11. It was terrible. Bad, warm, mushy tail meat. Small portion. A bad soy/teriyaki sauce. Rice as mushy as grits. Ok slaw. The menu is small. Wings, burgers, salads with some fried items, poke, steamed stuff and this and that. The one saving grace is that they have blue crabs. Service was friendly. The menu says they were established in 2015. They have a bait and tackle shop and what appears to be a retail seafood shop.

No comments: