Monday, February 8, 2016

Dave's Boathouse, Winter Park

Rollins College has a bar. It's open to the public. This can't be a good thing. And I'm one of the reasons why. You really want guys like me on campus hitting on co-eds? Not to mention the under age and excessive drinking issues. Well, it's your funeral. Thank you for this very "progressive" decision. I stopped by on Saturday afternoon. It is in front of the swimming pool which is in the back of campus. It looks nice. Kind of like a new, blue collar seafood place from the Seventies or maybe earlier. It has those low ceilings and  dark stained wood that opens up a room. I think I saw a portal. The front is a little more modern. Some canvas accents. It's huge. It's as big as the dining hall. The menu is impressive. Stuff like tequenos, fried pickles, poutine, etc. Alot of "hip" dishes. They also have a "deli" counter. They have only wine (unfortunately from Quantum Leap) and local craft and big bottle beers. They have alot of flat screen TV's showing sports. It wasn't very busy. It's very lucky for the both of us that I don't live in WP or I would walk around pretending my name was Dean Martin. Why wait for Rollins girls to walk down Park Ave when you can go find them. The only thing Park Ave had going for it was food and pretty women. Now both are down the street.

No comments: