Monday, February 1, 2016

Pub Crawl - Downtown: Island Time, Ferg's Depot (Closed) and Herman's Insurance Office (Closed)

I went to these bars on Saturday night.

9-11pm: Island Time. This place is in Thornton Park on E. Washington. It was a tapas bar. They have wine and beer now. They have a few snacks like Jamaican patties. They have fire pits. All the girls I met were lesbians. No, they weren't just pretending to dissuade me from making lewd advances. It wasn't like that. Prices were cheap. Selection not bad. It's just shack.

11-11:59pm: Ferg's Depot. On the tracks on Church. They finally started serving dinner that night. More of the place is open. It was still pretty empty. But, all of downtown was. They gave me half a glass of premium whiskey for $8. Unbearable music from a jukebox.

12-1am: Herman's Insurance Office. I may have the name wrong. Not the Herman's part. It is the latest from the NV/Hansen's guys. A cocktail lounge. The door guy gave me the old "private party" line and then let me in to look around. I just stayed and they didn't toss me out. The bartender was cool. There were some good looking girls there. Bigger than NV or Hansen's. But so is my car. It's in the alley between Church and W. Pine on the highway side. It still has the awning for the place it replaced. I think stardust something. My drink was $12.

I should also mention a bar I went to a few weeks ago and is kind of new, It is on Orange and W. Washington. Across from the Independent. Beer bottles/cans all over the walls. It is called,,,,, F me if I can find it on Google. Seriously, how does that company thrive. I never get an answer to any of my searches. How is this technology worse than when they started? Anyway it is there and has some stupid, forgettable name.

No comments: