Monday, May 30, 2016

Black Rock, Orlando

I was going to try one of the new place at Disney on Sunday and then hit traffic. I detoured to this location. I had read a while back that a new craft something or other opened there. It didn't take I guess. This place has taken root. It is a burgeoning chain out of Michigan. Seven locations in all. I think they said there is another in Tampa. It wasn't half bad. I have to get my head examined because this is like the third chain in a row that I haven't hated. I wasn't very hungry so I had a New England Clam Chowder and a Bubbling Shrimp appetizer. I was making up for the missed opportunities on Saturday in NSB. The chowder was good. Rich. Lots of fresh clams. The portion was a bit small. Really a cup. However, it was so rich that I probably wouldn't have wanted more. It cost $5. The shrimp (8) came on a hot stone (their gimmick). Actually in a cruset on a hot stone. It was "bubbling" in a black cajun/creole sauce. Not bad. It came with some really soaked garlic bread. I still had indigestion from Wahlburgers, so, I just took a nibble. The place is black and gray. It looks huge, but, seats less than you would think. It looks like it could be in a ski resort. The menu is high on the low end. Not too high on the upper end (ie steaks). Think $20-$30. All the apps were double digits. The $3 soda was a downer. Between tax, tip and soda, $16 turned into $24. I would suggest they hide their staging area better. The back left room has a birds eye view of one that is really egregious. It is on Apopka Vineland and Conroy Windermere. It has been open for either one or three weeks. Service was fine. They had alot of staff in uniform.

No comments: