Monday, May 30, 2016

Fuzzy's Taco Shop, Altamonte Springs

Sorry to bombard you with all of these, but, I had a busy weekend. I stopped off here on the way home on Sunday. I just read about them in the Orlando Weekly and I had to go when I drove right by it. It is a chain out of Ft. Worth. Another one is coming to East Colonial. Tijuana Flats, Moes, Qdoba, Jimmy Hulas, Chi-pottle et al can kiss the ring. You just got kinged. This place looks nicer and has more items. The quality is way better too. I grabbed a soft shrimp taco and a hard shredded brisket taco to go. You order at the counter and they give you a beeper. The shrimp ($3) was good enough. Four shrimp, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese and queso anejo. The brisket ($2.59) portion was big and I didn't have to order three. It came with the same toppings. The hot sauce (on the side) was nice and hot. Good flavor. I don't think a single thing was over single digits in price. The place was packed, so, I guess the word is out. It seats about fifty. It is at the corner on Gateway Dr and 434. Near that road off the Maitland exit. Near the RDV complex. They have all the usual Mexican items. They also serve breakfast all day. I would never go to those other places again if they opened one of these near me. It will be on the low price "Best of" list at the end of the year.

No comments: