Thursday, May 19, 2016

Izziban Sushi, East Colonial

I went to this Korean owned Asian/Sushi restaurant on 50 near 436 two Tuesdays ago. It was on the way to the airport and I just wanted to knock it out of the queue. I was full from the bistro, but, I got a Salmon Bento Box for $10. Everything else was around this price or more and the sushi didn't look great. The salmon was fine. It was grilled. The rangoon was left untouched. The miso was bland. The gyoza was the same frozen one they all serve. The salad was ok. I didn't touch the rice. The California Roll was ok. They didn't screw up the rice. This is another hard call. The place is an old gay bar (so they tell me). It looks like a dirty college bar. It is a huge place on the lake near the private airport. It has been open for a few months. I sat on the enclosed deck. Three other parties were eating. All the tables have electric hot plates for Korean dishes. The sushi set up seems too tiny to be the focus. I would guess that it would be a fun place for college aged consumers that don't mind the conditions. They serve until 2am. Service was fine. They have another place on one of those weird sounding roads. They have an all you can eat sushi option if that helps describe the number of "stars" they would garner. If I went back, it would have to be because everything else was closed or I was drunk. And that isn't as unlikely as you would expect.

No comments: