Monday, May 23, 2016

Ocean Sun Brewery, Curry Ford Rd

I heard about this new brewery when I went to the confection shop on Colonial a few weeks ago. It is where that disappointing barbeque place that The Fat Lady loved was (and Rogue Pub is) in the Winn Dixie shopping mall on Curry Ford Rd (Crystal Lake is the cross road). I tried it on my way home yesterday. I had five $2 pours of their 12+ selections and all five were great. I won't go into each one, but, they were from the lighter side of the spectrum. I know now that they are among the best brewers in CF. I'm even ready to argue that they are the best. They have only been open for a few months and they have nearly a flawless selection. A wide swath. The brewing capacity seems limited, so, you might have to come to them. The place looks good. Mostly a wood feel. They have TVs showing sports. It was about half full. They are open every day and night. The only thing I find "wanting" is the logo. The name seemed odd for an inland brewery, but, I can live with it if the get a sexier logo.

No comments: