Monday, May 30, 2016

Doghouse, College Park

I saw this spot out of the corner of my eye when I ate at that mediocre bistro a few weeks back. I tried in on Sunday. It is an add on to that"fancy" ice cream parlor on Edgewater Dr. I grabbed a small tots to go because I don't pay $6 for a hot dog. Especially one on one of those 7-11 rotators. I pay up to $2 and only want mustard and sometimes sauerkraut. I'm not one of those Mid-western idiots that puts a chef's salad on one. The tots (Totchos) came with green onions, cheese sauce and bacon. They cost $4 for a small. The portion was more than enough. The tots were crisp and the toppings were good.The cheese sauce was ballpark cheese sauce (which I like). The bacon was a little raw.  Back to the dogs. They sell a "Kobe"dog. There is no way it is Kobe beef. I just saw a special on how Americans lie (it's more than puffery) about things being Kobe. It's a special grade that the Japanese sanction like the French do wine. Something like 200 lbs of it ever makes it to our shores. Even big restaurants like Homestead in NYC lie about having it. Don't waste your money and shame on them. The place is just a closet off the ice cream store. It has a hip look. They have been open for either three weeks or months. I forget what they said. Expensive hot dogs seem to be the latest scam to separate you from your money. I saw some going for $10 later in the day.

No comments: