Sunday, May 29, 2016

C's Waffles, New Smyrna Beach

I had breakfast (yeah I know I can't believe I was up so early either) at this diner in  a strip mall on the south side on Saturday. It's near my new favorite beach location. It was about what you would expect. A packed, ordinary enterprise. I had the Ultimate French Toast meal (3 pieces, choice of meat and two eggs) for $7. The french toast was really thick and they were too swamped to let the egg wash soak in. The eggs were fine. I still don't get what you are supposed to do with the yolk if they don't offer toast. I chose links (4) over the other choices. They were fine. Store bought. Service was spotty. No refill request until after I got the check. In their defense, it was a mad house. They were polite. The place has been there for close to 25 years. They must be doing something right. I preferred the Cuban breakfast place before the "turn". Funkier menu and a tad more panache. These guys have your usual breakfast/lunch offerings. They close at 2pm. The biggest surprise was seeing Little Ping dining there. No Big Ping and his ground down molars though. The owner must be a Steelers fan. They have Steeler stuff up inside. The rest of the decor is old. I want to place a shout out to out great weathermen. Not only did it not rain all day, there was nary a cloud in the sky. Also, a shout out to the people in charge of the I4 widening project. With a nod to the anti-Vietnam war crowd - hey hey (was LBJ) how many people did you kill today. Not to mention all the traffic tie ups.I'm sure they have nothing to do with the project. Funny occurrence. A guy with an Indian girlfriend was commenting on a dog he saw. "I like the brown ones". Evidently.

No comments: